Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 4 in Laos (part 1 of 2)

We've been carrying around our garbage because we never found any bins. Today, we finally learnt why we couldn't ever find any dustbins in Laos. They threw all their trash into seemingly random piles around their compound and burnt them every night. Plastic bottles and all. Not the most environmentally friendly means of disposal but its understandable as they do not have any other option. One mystery solved!

Last night Jo and I were talking just before we fell asleep. The morning before, after Z had led us in devotion, some of us had taken turns praying for the team. Somehow when Uncle J prompted me to pray, I felt the Holy Spirit push for me to pray for those who did not yet have the ability to speak in tongues and I did, laying my hand on Jo's shoulder, even though I wasn't entirely sure if she was able to. Unknown to me, at that exact point, she had been asking God about the same thing. Our Lord works in awesome mind-blowing ways!

Jas led us in devotion today after breakfast.
We talked about sin and the Lord's grace. Made me think about how I sometimes took His infinite grace for granted. Shortly after while doing quiet time, the Holy Spirit got me to read John 15:1-17. I feel like I'm drawing closer to my personal Jesus here. In Singapore, we live in so much comfort that it is easy to set God aside. Over here, out of my comfort zone and in the battleground, I lean more on my Master, my Commander for instructions and direction. There is more God-reliance and less self-reliance, less distractions, more stillness.

D and E have proved themselves to be the himbo and bimbo of the group, providing much entertainment. Here's a great takeaway - D, "the sky very dusty today ah, cannot see many stars." - he meant cloudy. Haha.

We're on the way to the largest waterfall in SEA now. More updates to follow.

Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments: