Thursday, April 17, 2008

if I were God, we'll all be dead

My ex-boss, Linda, has been extra weird of late. She has been asking a number of people about me but going further and probing about how often I get in touch with my ex-colleagues, what I've been saying to them, just general paranoid questions. And if she actually bothers to ring me up, text me or drop me instant messages, she has developed a rather annoying habit of twisting the conversations we've had into something else entirely. Prior to the day that I handed in my resignation letter mid-November last year, she was all nice and loving. After that letter was submitted, boy has she said some nasty things, and she's continued to do so. I guess I should be flattered that she still feels like I'm going to steal the team from under her, but it's been really annoying me. I thought about it for quite a while this morning, and then I had a talk with Nathan about her. I knew I shouldn't let her get to me, but somehow she managed to wheedle her way through the cracks and stuck her annoying self in my brain. Nathan reminded me once again that this was the devil's way of getting to me, that even more so should I pray for Linda, and give all this to God.

So I prayed. I gave Him all the anxiety, stress and worry, all the negative thoughts that I had about Linda and asked that He take it all away from me. I prayed about Linda, prayed for blessings on her, for the Holy Spirit to continue to guide her daily...


Months ago I realized that I simply did not need people like her in my life.. So while I continue to pray for her, it will be from a distance. I will also pray for grace to deal with the Lindas that pop up every now and then.


At the same time, it blows my mind that God hasn't blown us all up yet! His patience and love for us is infinite and immaculate.

1 Timothy 1:16

No comments: