Monday, April 7, 2008

this is the start of how.

Romans 10:9 says That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

For the longest time, I questioned the existence of God. Then I accepted that there was a God watching over us all. But I didn't believe in Christ. I thought all religions led up to the same God. I thought that God was the all-mighty marketeer using all these different communication channels and all these different languages. Sure, I had read the entire bible cover to cover by the time I was twelve. I had also read books on Buddhism and glanced at the English translation of the Quran. All religions to me were just different means to the same God. None of them taught you to kill or lie or do evil things. They all taught people to live good lives, to do good in life, to respect your elders, etc etc.

I had hours of friendly debate with good friends who were staunch believers of Christ. We really had quite a bit of free time on our hands back then for these chats. I must have thrown every doubt and question that I had in my mind at them. No mention of dinosaurs in the bible! What about evolution? How can you not believe in Darwin's theory of evolution? How can you be absolutely certain that Christianity is the one true means of salvation? What about all those honest people who live good lives and have good moral values? Just because they don't believe in Christ are they all going to hell? What if these good people lived their lives having never heard a single word about Christianity, do they still go to hell? That's not fair..... and we went back and forth and back and forth. Frankly, very few of my questions were answered. But it did get me to asking the most life-changing question (though rather defiantly) - "So if You're really there and if its really Christianity that leads to You, prove it to me!"

and so He did.

God has blessed me with a wonderful testimony and for that reason He's asked me to share it, and more, with everyone else. No, I'm no overzealous Christian nutjob out to rant and rave and "sell" my beliefs.
This blog is simply about my walk toward Christ and with Christ. Neither am I some balding old geezer trawling for chicks online nor some prepubescent teenage boy working on a new internet hoax. I'm a regular Singaporean girl in my twenties. I have a post-graduate qualification in marketing. I work in an advertising agency. I have a boyfriend, family and quite a few friends. I do not look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. So you ask, why am I doing this anonymously? Partly because I feel that my testimony does not need my face or name leading it. Partly because I value my privacy and something tells me this is how it should be, for now at least. You might also be wondering why I'm using a blog to do so. Yes, I know - its sooo been done before. But I am in advertising, and my specialty as a suit is actually in digital advertising. I believe in the power of the internet as a communication channel.

If you've made it this far, I'm really glad you're here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sister!

your webpage is so Inspirational to me. Such a BLESSING. Love it!
I 2, am a follower of Jesus Christ.
Your welcome to view my webpages.

Have a Great day! thank you for the music. I like it very much!

In HIS Love, Terry